Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Size of a Flash File

Colin,

I must admit to getting somewhat confused about how you want to view the swf now. I think you want to attach the swf file to an email and have the recipient right click & select "Open with" whatever browser they use. Is this correct?

If you try this you say that the swf goes to Full Screen. Can't you right click over the swf and choose "view at 100%"?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Egg,

Yes, that's exactly right.

Attach *.SWF file to E-Mail. Receiver opens *.SWF with Browser. Browser displays Flash animation at size that it was created.... is what I'm after.

What happens is that the browser will always open the *.SWF file to fill the space available for it. The browser doesn't go to "full screen" mode (F11), just that it scales it up to fill the viewing space.

Obviously, if the browser displays the same *.SWF file that has been embedded in a web site, then the HTML code that defines the placement tells the browser what size rectangle (pixels) the animation should run in and it's perfect.

It seems that the browser has to be told by the HTML code the actual pixel rectangle size, even though the *.SWF file contains the information within itself.
    IP

Great,

But do you get the view at 100% option if you rightClick?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

No, not on my system.

If I right click on the SWF file, I get the various options such as OPEN, SEND, COPY etc., but there's no option to view at a certain %.

You might see that because you have some other Flash type software installed?
    IP

I'm not sure if something like this works.
    But how about adding the code like we do to attach swf files
    to our messages in the forum.

flash=http://site/path/file.swf]width=500 height=128[/flash

Add [ in front and ] in back
    Last edited by aridzone; 27 December 2006 at 07:07 PM.
    IP

Have you tried it in FireFox. That seems to have a 100% option (but IE dosen't)
    Egg

IP