Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My first flash with PRO

Well I sat down tonight and decided to play with the flash part of Pro. Here is my first flash done with Pro and it took about 4 minutes to do. I am finding the flash part of Pro to be a pretty neat little feature. I hope to learn more with it. I really hope to figure out how to do shape changing.

Well here is my first flash design.

IP

Default Re: My first flash with PRO

Nicely done. But shape changing is one of the things the documentation says cannot be done.

A good way to fake it, however, is to select two different shapes, use the blend tool to get enough separate images to look smooth, then ungroup them and put one image per level. It will look like the shape is changing, even though you are just seeing a succession of shapes. Don't even have to name them...
    ---
    Will
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 20 December 2006 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Moderator Edit: Took out the quote as it isn't necessary and had the visual effect of a double posting.
    IP

Thanks Will. I never even thought about using the blend tool. That is a good idea. Thanks for the mind refresh.
    IP

Chris...

Here is a REALLY clunky example. I only used an 8-step blend, so you really see the individual shapes. Using a 25-step blend, with about 40 frames per second and a .1 second frame durations would actually make it look pretty smooth.

By the way...your site is VERY clean and good looking! Are you in Florida? I am in Miami.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WolfMoonHP; 20 December 2006 at 07:00 PM.
    IP

Thanks Will again. That is pretty neat. I will play around with it hopefully next week sometime.
    IP

Chris...check the thread immediately after this one, "Goofing Around" by Ross Macintosh. He has produced a lovely "shape shifting" animation, and it is really smooth.

Ross is an outstanding artist, and offers a lot of encouragement to the rest of us!
    ---
    Will
    IP

Talking Re: My first flash with PRO

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rage; 21 December 2006 at 03:40 AM.
    IP