Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default YouTube Xara Videos

There is a new user on YouTube called XaraVideo (new since 9th Dec 06). Is this the Xara team? I suspect so because there is a new "basic features" video on there that I've not seen before.

Incidentally, I recently uploaded the original CorelXARA movies from 1995 on there (username XaraXhris). They sold Xara to me when I first saw them. They don't make them videos like they used to.

(FYI, to split a video into 10 minute allocations - the maximum size allowed by YouTube (unless you're a director (i.e. give them your personal details)), I used Windows Movie maker and split the clips there and deleted all but the sections I wanted to export to WMVs.)

YouTube is officially ace. I'd wanted a website like that for a while before it appeared. Shame I didn't have the ability to make it first, or I'd have something like £800m to blow now. And I would have donated a bunch to Xara.
    Last edited by Xhris; 10 December 2006 at 10:20 PM.

Default Re: YouTube Xara Videos

Availor and Egg post videos, but I believe they do so under their own names. So not sure who it is.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

You have literaly dozens of youtube-like websites. Youtube seems to be the best of all. Second coems metacafe.com which is now being sold for 200 million dollars.

Getting a director status wasn't very hard - I earned it in 2 days. YouTube do not check the legal status of each of your videos, so literaly anyone can upload anything, unless someone reports to them.

EDIT: Can you please post a link to the videos?
    Last edited by Availor; 11 December 2006 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    You have literaly dozens of youtube-like websites. Youtube seems to be the best of all. Second coems metacafe.com which is now being sold for 200 million dollars.

Getting a director status wasn't very hard - I earned it in 2 days. YouTube do not check the legal status of each of your videos, so literaly anyone can upload anything, unless someone reports to them.

EDIT: Can you please post a link to the videos?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5MBmR456Rs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6JTawPe_s

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    Availor and Egg post videos, but I believe they do so under their own names. So not sure who it is.
    I think it's a good free marketing tool for Xara to exploit.
    Last edited by Xhris; 11 December 2006 at 10:37 AM.

The videos of "XaraVideo" are the ones by Xara themselves, as far as I can hear from the woman's voice in the clips.
    Dunno if that user is someone from Xara or a Xara user who decided to upload them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    The videos of "XaraVideo" are the ones by Xara themselves, as far as I can hear from the woman's voice in the clips.
    Dunno if that user is someone from Xara or a Xara user who decided to upload them.
    You can also download those movies and upload them to youtube so this does not mean it's a Xara Group personnel.

Nice, me like thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    So not sure who it is.
    Well it's likely Xara for two reasons: you're advertising it in the December Outsider edition, and there are videos done by Xara not available anywhere else.