Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Picture Editor Pro - Some Questions and a wish

1. I do some editing to IMAGE1.png using PicEdPro. In PicEdPro I also save a copy as IMAGE1a.png. If I send IMAGE1a.png to someone would they see the upddates I made in PicEdPro?

2. If the answer to #1 is not possible ... could there be a SaveAs option in PicEdPro which would "flatten" the image XML modifications so they are included?

3. Where are the XML changes stored on our PC?

4. Any chance for an option to enable the XML change instructions to be embedded (attached) to the image file itself and then later be read and displayed by others (who may or may not have PicEdPro installed on their PCs?

My hope would be that PicEdPro could be called from another app as its Defautl Image Editor for any imported bitmap image and that PicEdPro XML changes could be displayed within the other app.

I am currently experimenting with another application in which I have specified PicEdPro as its Default Image Editing. When I right click on an image, I can open it with PicEdPro and use its tools (ie., tone curves); however, when I close PicEdPro, the image embedded in the app appears the same as before it was edited with PicEdPro. If I reopened the same image again from within the other app with PicEdPro, all the XML recorded changes DO appear. It would so nice if Xara had a generic based plugin or XML interpreter (for each to the available operating systems) that would enable the PicEdPro XML edits to be viewable from within other apps.
    Last edited by jclements; 10 December 2006 at 05:46 PM.

Default Re: Picture Editor Pro - Some Questions and a wish

.. .. . .

Default Re: Picture Editor Pro - Some Questions and a wish

It has been my experience that no software I have ever used saves backup information in either jpeg, png, gif, etc.

Granted, I have only experienced Picture Editor Pro, Corel Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Picture Editor and a couple of others.

Xara is one of the few companies that actually saves pre-edited information and edited finals in the same file, but this only works in their own proprietary formats, as far as I can tell.

From what I have read in other forums, the jpeg and gif formats don't even have the capability of saving such information. If they did, you'd probably be able to get one picture file per CD...

The PNG format is rumored to have this capability, but I have yet to find a program which utilizes it, and the rumors may have less substance than swamp gas!

Good luck with your search!

While I personally have no desire for this capability...I want people to see only my final effort...I can imagine it would be useful for some.

If all else faile, you could save all your different versions on different frames in a Flash file, I suppose.
    ---
    Will