Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Moving your plugins to Xtreme Pro

Just in case anyone is looking to do this, I thought that I would spare you the time it took me to remember how and where everything was setup in Xtreme so that I could move it to Xtreme Pro.

[Note: this is for purchaced plugins and not for the standard plugins that come with the product.]

1) Find out where your plugins are located. If you used the default locations it should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins

2) Find the folder(s) that contains your plugins at the location above and copy it. For example:

Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000

3) Paste the folder(s) in the new location and they should magically appear in Xtreme Pro. Example:

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro\Xara Picture Editor\PSplug-ins

[Note: If you had Xtreme Pro open when you copied the folder you will have to close it and reopen it to have the filters appear.]

I hope that helps someone.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Moving your plugins to Xtreme Pro

You can just tell it where the plugins are now (in options) and leave them where they are. I just checked my version of Pro and it has already picked up the correct paths.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

This is true of course. However, why would a person have both Xtreme and Xtreme pro on the same machine? What does Xtreme do that Pro doesn't? Just seems to be a waste of Hard Drive space to me. Just wondering...

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

I keep plugins in a central Plugins folder (with subfolders to segregate by source) and point all apps that use plugins to that location. Takes up less disk space, makes plugins easier to find, and reduces or eliminates the reinstalling that goes on when I upgrade an app or install a new one.