Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xtreme Pro - Woo-Hoo!

What a surprise! After Xtreme, with all the talk about open-source and MacOS versions, plus the fact that Xtreme had some features of X1 removed, I had resigned myself to the fact that I would probably never see any big new things happen with this product. I wasn't particularly concerned, just a little saddened to think that the second most useful graphics application I had ever encountered [after Combustion] was taking the "low road".
    Imagine my glee this morning when I fired the ol' girl up and got yet another of those mostly annoying pop-up boxes over Xara. All the things we've been asking for forever, seemingly implemented in the best way possible [which is just what we've come to expect]. It took me all of 10 seconds to get to the purchase page. What a bargain! Thanks guys!

Default Re: Xtreme Pro - Woo-Hoo!

Well, if no-one else is excited, I'll keep the thread runing myself. I'm not sure if its intentional or just something that happenned but I really like the way full-screen works in PRO. It means I can have docked palettes and instantly dismiss or recall them with the "8" key. Most of the rest of the improvements are print related and I do very little print work so it will be while before I come to appreciate all the new stuff fully but so far its all been good.

Bones perhaps you missed this thread from November 16th http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24220
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I suppose that comes from not checking these forums unless there is something I want to know. Its hard to imagine that every Xara user would be a regular here, though. Surely there are plenty of people like me who only find these things out when Xara tell us directly.

One of the advantages of being a regular here at Talkgraphics is getting information ahead of the general public.

The beta testers get much earlier access. Then the forum members, then the general public. At least from my experience the past 6 years as a regular.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update