Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The December Xara Xone - Flash Tutorial - 26 Featured Artists - FREE

Tim, you are not alone in your appreciation of the workbooks and the tutorials!

I am doing things now that I would not have dreamed of attempting even a few months ago.

And a huge chunk of the credit goes to Gary, with his awesome tutorials, and the rest to the other great contributors to Xara education. I hate to mention names, because I'm sure to leave out someone whose help I really appreciate, but I have to mention Egg's videos.

Every time I start reading the posts in this forum, I learn something new. And occasionally, I actually know the answer to a question before anyone else posts it! (Rarely, I'll admit, but it has happenen )
    ----
    Will

Post Re: The December Xara Xone - Flash Tutorial - 26 Featured Artists - FREE

Excellent show! Thanks again Gary!
    My favorites are many for all their different qualities: Bob Hahn and Zeb, Valery and Penny O'Rorke, Remi, Egg, Judi, Gary's stereo, Risto, Tim Seward, Bill's frosty brook and last but not least Raymonds car in the snow
    Haven't got time to do the tutorial yet, but I certainly will!
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: The December Xara Xone - Flash Tutorial - 26 Featured Artists - FREE

Thinking about these tutorials reminds me of how far I've come. I remember only a couple of months ago, I labored for an hour over the tutorial on making a sphere.

Now, when I made my animated Xmas tree (in the ProFlash forum), I decorated it with multiple colors of ornaments made the same way.

And the box under the tree bears a suslpicious resemblance to the one Gary taught us to make in the latest tutorial! I even used his trick for making a bow.

The rope came from a brush tutorial (changed the color, and made a bitmap copy), and I was able to embed it into my post thanks to the tutorials from AntonyF and Bill (Soquili.)

Virtually everything I am doing, I can remember which people taught me how to do it.

And I have to mention Sally, who both instructs and encourages!
    ---
    Will

Thanks for your appreciation for my contribution in the show, jclements! That's always very encouraging
    You know that only about a month ago I realy didn't know how to make snow in Xara?
    So, like Will, I coudn't have done it without the help and tips from Big Frank, Gary, Sally, Drifter, bwanaJim and many others. I've learned so much !
    Marcia
    Frank Zappa

Marcia...

Speaking of contributions...wasn't it you who sometime ago showed an example of using Xtreme as a page layout tool?

I remember a beautiful post with text layout and an image of what I remember as a Grecian urn. I've lost track of that post, and am finally getting to the point when I could begin to understand it...

---
    Will

No Will, that wasn't a post of mine... But if it was, it was nice of you to remind me of it And....what do you think of my snow? Not fishing at compliments, mmm, well...maybe a little
    Marcia
    Frank Zappa

Marcia,

You are welcome. Great composition.

I see you live in France. Last year my daughter went to school (3 months) in Montpellier. She wants to return after she graduates this year from her universty .... if she can afford it.

John
    Last edited by jclements; 05 December 2006 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    No Will, that wasn't a post of mine... But if it was, it was nice of you to remind me of it And....what do you think of my snow? Not fishing at compliments, mmm, well...maybe a little
    LOL...

The snow looks good to me, but what do I know? I haven't seen snow since 1977! (and then it only lasted a few hours)

Marcia I like your snow image very much.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update