Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
"If you could point me towards one it would be much appreciated."

http://www.fantasyinteractive.com
That site isn't terribly offensive either, but this luddite still has most of the same complaints. I see that the back button does work so I'll give them credit for that. It's not indexed by Google and it's slow, the videos spend a lot of time buffering. I just tested my connection and I seem to be getting ~2-3 Mb/s download at the moment. See I don't hate all Flash. I will add one other pet peeve to the list. The site makes noise when I navigate to it. If I click on a video or sound clip that's one thing but I don't want a site making all kinds of racket and disturbing everyone else in the office just because I navigated to it.

I think this site could be fixed, at least to make it acceptable to me as a user. If I was paying someone to design it for me I would demand something better. The changes I would make would be to not play a video on the homepage and perhaps to make the video player at the top of the screen more obviously a video player. Specifically, the buttons for selecting individual videos look like a standard menu bar for navigating to different parts of the site.

Which brings me back to the same questions I had before. What does doing the entire site in Flash add to this site that couldn't be achieved by doing the site in HTML and embedding Flash for the interactive elements? Are the gains worth the cost?

P.S. Tallis I'm sorry I turned your thread into my personal crusade against Flash.