Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: A rival to X3D

Default A rival to X3D

I've known about this software long before I knew about the existance of Xara, and I've totally neglected it until recently I've decided to check on their software, only to see that they have advanced greatly.

For a mere price of 30$ they surely show some skills.

Look HERE

What do you think of that?

Default Re: A rival to X3D

I already have X3D. I paid for it. Why do I want to start looking around at another low-end 3D app? Is it any better than X3D? Did I waste my money on X3D? These are the questions that you need to answer. Run a comparison between the two and report back with results - would make interesting reading.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I own Cool3D and find it much harder to use than Xara3D.

I was also disappointed with the quality of the images exported.

Cool3D does have some 3D features similar to a full 3D appliation. You can draw a spline (path) and have it rotate around an axis to create a shape.

The program's interface is not very user friendly IMHO.

I prefer Xara3D for 3D Text and Logos, and Cinema4D or Maya for full 3D work.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I already have X3D. I paid for it. Why do I want to start looking around at another low-end 3D app? Is it any better than X3D? Did I waste my money on X3D? These are the questions that you need to answer. Run a comparison between the two and report back with results - would make interesting reading.
    If you've already purchased X3D then maybe you don't need Ulead Cool 3D. I was just giving the comparison since they are similar applications with the same price.

Maybe I will download the other one too and make a comparison as you've suggested.

EDIT: Grrrr... just to download the trial they ask you to register with an annoying table of your personal information (which they don't really need), pretty much as if I was paying with credit card. On second thought I'll pass. Now THAT's what I call bad user experience. Why do they need to know my exact date of birth and set a password for me just to let me download the trial?
    Last edited by Availor; 17 November 2006 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Why do they need to know my exact date of birth and set a password for me just to let me download the trial?
    Come on, you know why, info can be sold, so it is worth money.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    Come on, you know why, info can be sold, so it is worth money.
    Yes but they lose more on potential clients. If I won't download a demo I won't buy the software. Adobe can efford to force you register, since evryone knows Adobe, but this little software will not gain popularity if they act this way.

Right now my opninion from that is not very good, I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's their loss eventually.