Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?

Voters
725. This poll is closed
  • Internet Explorer

201 27.72%
  • Firefox

301 41.52%
  • Opera

174 24.00%
  • Other

49 6.76%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Unregistered Guest

Default Re: What web browser do you use?

I use AOL9 vr - IE7 - firefox 2 and can't see why i require another as these three borwsers are ample fo ranyone needs. As for a browser that shells IE ??? Whats the point yo umay aswell stay with IE !!!

At the end of the day it is user preference and as like many people IE over shadows others and ALL websites reconise this and so therefore you are more or less guaranteed a far more steady broswe with IE than the likes of Opera. Now security wise you maybe thinking >> If you can tell me which browser is 100% safe then i will buy the company never mind have it on all my pc's/

cheers www.xphelpgroup.com
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: What web browser do you use?

i have loved firefox since i started with it a few months ago. only in the last few days i had problems with it after downloading from smartertools.com a stats utility, that seems to have screwed my firefox beyond repair... ie still works as crappy as it ever did, and i downloaded opera just yesterday and love it for its elegance, simplicity, and light feet; but alas, it seems to have some problems interacting with certain sites, one of them being my vdeck, which doesn't respond to it properly on certain executions. i love that it will read website text aloud to you, thought that kind of feature was a long way off for a free utility. i've been toying with seamonkey for a couple of weeks, and it's pretty cool; rather spartan, but with a few good punch features. i'm really trying to work up to a total switch to linux, which means, i guess, that i will have a whole new set of browsers to play with. yippie.
    IP

Well well well... looks like Firefox is winning, so who's the "smart guy" who said that 98% of all computers use Internet Explorer? Maybe it was Billy boy? I don't think he's a very objective person for that matter.... next thing he's going to claim that 98% of people use windows media player (NOT)
    IP

I've been using NetCaptor for the past three years or so. I tried Firefox a couple of times but for some reason, can't recall why right now, I switched back to NetCaptor. It works very well for my needs.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think more Firefox users will answer this survey. IE users don't care, and are not proud to be different or socially against Microsoft out of principle. I'm not saying Firfox isn't good... but a lot of people use it for the wrong reasons, and those people will answer a vote. IE users are mainstream followers and won't answer Polls.

That's ok though. Firfox fans WANT to believe they're mainstream.
    lol-I'd agree, and I'm an avid firefox user...but as a web site developer, I wish time and again that Microsoft would step up to the plate and present a standards compliant browser so that I don't have to hack my way across all the proprietary coding microsoft uses.

It's also a shame though, that IE user's don't care. Because until the majority of the population (and yes, the majority DOES use IE) cares about the substandard coding microsoft pumps out, it's not going to stop. I DO wish firefox fans were mainstream. It would make my job alot easier
    IP

Well well well... looks like Firefox is winning, so who's the "smart guy" who said that 98% of all computers use Internet Explorer? Maybe it was Billy boy? I don't think he's a very objective person for that matter.... next thing he's going to claim that 98% of people use windows media player (NOT)
    You can't make assumptions on one Forum poll. Here's a screen grab of one site for October 2006. They don't match this poll's findings. There no more accurate, just shows you the danger of basing findings on inadequate data.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	433 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	32209  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You can't make assumptions on one Forum poll. Here's a screen grab of one site for October 2006. They don't match this poll's findings. There no more accurate, just shows you the danger of basing findings on inadequate data.
    Thanks for the info, where did you get the information from? I am curious about it, including what type of players surfers use (i.e. avi player, flash player etc). Nevertheless, this forum should be enought for statistics as a representative population of internet surfing community.
    IP

Nevertheless, this forum should be enought for statistics as a representative population of internet surfing community.
    Representative of graphics minded people, maybe not the average internet user.

I've noticed over the past 30 years or so that more and more polls, surveys, etc. have become unduly skewed. Often they do not even realize they are using data from 'niche market' that may not apply to a majority of a population.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Representative of graphics minded people, maybe not the average internet user.

I've noticed over the past 30 years or so that more and more polls, surveys, etc. have become unduly skewed. Often they do not even realize they are using data from 'niche market' that may not apply to a majority of a population.
    Must agree with you on that one. Now that I've given it a second thought another specification is that the age in the forum does not vary very much. You don't have many -30 people around here on regular bases. Come to think of them I'm the youngest regular member online.... makes me feel kind of special
    IP

Egg...

That posting you gave us was eye opening.

I've been checking my website consistently to make sure it looked the way I wanted on IE, Firefox and Netscape.

I will now be saving myself a lot of trouble. I no longer care what it looks like on Netscape

And I've never even bothered to check the others.
    ---
    Will
    IP