Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Beyond help??

Default Beyond help??

I fear I'm beyond help. I've downloaded trial versions of 3D and Extreme with the intention of buying provided I can use them. I've searched and read this forum for the past three days and I'm no closer now than when I started yet when I see the fantasic results that can be obtained I know I'm missing something.

All I want to be able to do initially is to use my background which is a jpg and put some 3D animated text on it (I'm not worried about the demo background 'cos if it works I'll buy!) but can I do it - no way!!

I'm able to animate the text I want with all the lighting etc. but how do I get it on to the jpg? Do I need another program to do this?

Default Re: Beyond help??

The trial version does not allow you to set your own background on export. When you purchase the registered version this limitation magically disappears! Buy it and enjoy
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thank you for that. Still I've enjoyed all the reading.

Finally, I hope, just two questions.

1. Is there any difference at all between the on-line version and the boxed version in terms of what you get?
    2. If I download on-line and my PC goes down is there any way I can get another copy or do I have to bu again?

Please remember, like I read elsewhere - the only silly question is the one that doesn't get asked.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

Hi Be-em-be,

It's been awhile but I don't recall of there was more in the boxed version or not. You download immediately either way or simply unlock the trial version. In either case you will receive the CD via snail mail.

If your PC goes down before your CD arrives, all you need is to go to the Xara website and access your account. The link to download again is there along with your serial (registration) number.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

There are three ways to receive Xtreme. The download version; a CD version (same thing but you get a CD in the post obviously); and the retail boxed version - you get an extra CD with 80 HTML tutorials & PDF manual.

Also, the option of a printed user manual for Xtreme was worth having: It is a decent size and nicely presented. I'm really glad I purchased that. However, by far the best help I have found is on these forums and free!

http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/buy.asp

For Xara 3D they throw in a CD of Webster 2 with both the Xara3D CD and Retail Boxed versions. Though there's not much point having Webster if you have Xtreme anyway as it's a basic version of a similar thing. Actually, I believe that they actually advise against installing Webster if you already have Xtreme installed.

An extra in the retail boxed version of Xara 3D is a printed manual. However, the manual included is tiny, not very impressive and rather disappointing. Although it has been helpful with some tips but it's probably not essential.

http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/buy.asp

They come very basically packed, the CD is just that - a CD in a sleeve inside an envelope. The retail boxed versions come in medium sized hard plastic CD boxes with 2 CD's in each case, packed in a padded envelope. Mine arrived in good condition, within 10 days.

You can of course download and use the products before your CD arrives, as you receive your registered ID number at the time of ordering. You can log in with your user name and password and download your purchase any time.

The products are single licence but Xara permit you to use their products on more than one computer provided they're used solely by yourself.

Again, the best help and tutorials you'll find here for free.
    Last edited by Telovne; 15 November 2006 at 08:27 PM.