Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
D of T : Which programme do you think has an intuitive, user-friendly interface while giving complete control and 100% accurate editability?
So your argument is that because no other programme is perfect, we shouldn't criticise X1 or Xtreme?
It doesn't wash.
PhotoImpact has a better user interface (for me), but it isn't perfect. X1 and Xtreme have BIG problems in their user interface, and BAD design problems in their user interface. Why don't they make the up/down left/right arrows even smaller? How about one pixel by one pixel? So it's REALLY difficult to click on them? Why don't they put a game of Tetris inside the alignment box, so that every time you click on a drop down menu, you first have to play one round of Tetris before you can click on the option you want? Do you see what I'm getting at? There is a REASON they don't do this, but they HAVE partially done something like both of these things: they have made the up/down left/right arrows REALLY small (I've never seen any program use arrows so small, in a long time), which makes them MORE difficult to click on. That's a fact. They made the alignment box REALLY slow and cumbersome to use, for no reason at all. They aren't interested in changing these things (i.e. fixing them and improving the user experience). What a surprise! Those who design things badly also refuse to change them. If they had the mental ability to change things in the FIRST place, they wouldn't have designed them badly in the first place.