Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Veg

Default Re: Veg

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Kid View Post
    communication is about communicating how you feel and think not saying what you think the other person wants to here ... that's just mirroring
    Where exactly where is the post that suggests that communication is telling people what they want to hear?

There's no point telling people their artwork isn't a picasso - they already know. Best tell them how it might be improved, or say nothing at all.

Saying nothing at all does not give one a chance to stroke one's own ego.

Another person's thread derailed by petty bickering.

You should all take a step back and learn when you are being baited. Logo Kid's comment was not helpful or productive, but then it was also of little value. At the end of the day if he thinks other stuff is crap that's his prerogative, but you can't go around correcting him. If you didn't agree with it, you could have just let it slide. But you all rise to the occasion (regulars too, who should know better) and give him exactly what he wants: controversy.

Logo Kid, I would say don't do it, there's no need to do it, but you know exactly what you're doing. You're not stupid. But do remember you were banned before and can be again. You can be less controversial.

Every one else, please just grow up and keep in mind what he's doing too. He will only try to get rises out of you, and you are also so eager to comply.

If this topic can go back to being about the art, I will let it live. Otherwise I will have to cut out the unnecessary bits.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    Derek, I'm curious how you work, do you set up a still life and create the image from that. or do you make individual images and then create the composition. Do you work off your "minds eye"? Do you make a rough sketch then work off of that?
    No, nothing like as organised, just different bits and pieces drawn and assembled to some vague idea. At the moment, besides work stuff, I'm drawing a loaf of bread on a table which I hope will develop into something or it might end up as a drawing of a loaf that sits in a file waiting to be inserted into something at a later date, which I realise sounds quite painful but I know what I mean.
    Derek