Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?

Voters
725. This poll is closed
  • Internet Explorer

201 27.72%
  • Firefox

301 41.52%
  • Opera

174 24.00%
  • Other

49 6.76%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Unregistered Guest

Default Re: What web browser do you use?

Just like The Alien, I use Maxthon and am very happy with it. It does everything I want from a browser, and does it neatly and easily too. In fact I have a hard time using IE and Firefox on other people's computers, keep on making futile mouse gestures and the like. The only downside I've experienced is Maxthon's occasional tendency to overload the CPU - think I read somewhere it's something to do with Java apps when you have multiple tabs open, but haven't yet found a fix.

I believe I read somewhere that Maxthon had developed some sort of relationship with Microsoft - I wonder if IE7 has any Maxthon under the hood? Will be giving it a try, but figured I'd wait a few weeks to let the inevitable exploits happen and get fixed....
    IP

Hi,

I use SlimBrowser primarily. A free tabbed browser from flashpeak.com. It's like IE on steroids, all the features plus a lot more, and it proves to be more secure and much faster.

I use the others, Opera, Netscape, FireFox and IE7 to test web pages, and for me SlimBrowser is my browser of choice.

Rythmist
    IP

Opera´s fan Guest

Hi,

I am very happy withOpera´s latest and have no need to switch to another. I f you haven´t tried it I think it´s about the time to check it out. It is like Xara X1; "Once you have tested it , you won´t leave it".
    IP

I use Firebox 2.0 primarily for the following reasons:
    1, it has so many useful extensions, add-ons and plugins which make browsing internet much more efficient;
    2, technologically, a large number of devoting volunteers are programming on Firebox which keeps it improving and moving towards users needs.

Occasionally, IE 7 is my second choice for updating Windows system and related jobs.
    IP

I use Firefox as my default browser and for a good reason: optimizing .jpegs in Xara for posting, the multiple tabs let you preview iterations. Very handy.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry, but this poll doesn't make any sense to me. Why? Well, simply because I don't use one single Browser, but several.
    Me too. And I know many others who are also using several different browsers. That's the problem with many such polls - they're too rigid and categorical.
    IP

Stuart Tetley Guest

I use Firefox most of the time, occasionally using IE when I come across a problem with compatibility (which is quite rare - usually a problem in FF occurs just the same in IE.)

IE7 is not an option for me, as I use Windows 2000 and see no compelling reason at present to switch to XP - 2000 does what I need, and I have 3rd party products that do all the XP stuff and better.

Eventually, Windows 2000 security support will stop; at this point, Mac OS X is most likely where I'm heading.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    It hardly seems like yesterday that there was a Netscape/IE browser war. Now it's IE and Firefox, who both released new versions recently.

What's your browser of choice and why?
    Hmm I use Ibrowse and Aweb, oh sorry that is on my amiga1200
    and the emulator (and I use them nowadays to see how a page
    looks with a lot less whissles and bells, and if it looks good then too.)

But PC wise I use IE. Just because it came with the package,
    tried netscape years back but stuck with IE later. Kinda habit wise

What do you think of the new versions of these browsers?
    Hm are there new ones out? Have to go and see, but usually I wait
    a bit until others tried them and the bugs are out.

Do you defy convention and go for something else?
    Hmmm that would be my Ibrowse and Aweb.
    And sometimes I do.
    IP

I use Firefox since the 0.x versions, and never looked back. IE annoyed me with dumb problems like transparent png's which it didn't supported. You had to add some activeX to your pages... does that make sense?
    I really like to validate my pages with W3C validator, knowing that they will work in Firefox because it follows web standards, which IE did not...

Some years ago I even created my own browser (BrowserX.com) that used IE engine, but had much more options, like Maxthon (old MyIE2), but when Firefox appeared, I dropped the project, and it was finished. I couldn't stand using IE in one of my projects

This is how much I love Firefox. But I must agree that finally IE 7.0 seem a good browser. After years of undevelopment. IE 5 and IE 6 where really bad browsers.
    IP

Unregistered Guest

I thinkj more Firefox users will answer this survey. IE users don't care, and are not proud to be different or socially against Microsoft out of principle. I'm not saying Firfox isn't good... but a lot of people use it for the wrong reasons, and those people will answer a vote. IE users are mainstream followers and won't answer Polls.

That's ok though. Firfox fans WANT to believe they're mainstream.
    IP