Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Export formats - request and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno View Post
    I could do that if those clients contacted me, but if you work for hire, in eLance for example, and the project says we must deliver the PSD file, we can't argue with that We just have to accept or refuse the proposal.
    So flatten it before sending.
    If they demand layered file, tell 'em you are using version three which doesn't have the layer facility.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    You're right: PSD export is important.

But if you own Adobe Illustrator, then export the drawing as PDF (choose the right PDF export options to receive good quality). The PDF export saves all your layers and Adobe Illustrator is able to export to PSD with layers.

Regards,
    Remi
    Hi just read your answer about exporting files, wonder if you can help me, when I try & export inPDF to have something published I get 'these fonts cannot be embedded due to copywrite restrictions' now I'm panicking as I have already used these fonts & sent via JPEG & received no warning, HELP!

The only two option you have is to buy the fonts so that you can send the font along with the PDF or the easiest way is before you export to PDF is to convert fonts to "shapes" and that way you get around the copyright problem.
    Design is thinking made visual.