Hi, Drifter, it really depends on the nature of your animation whether the sizing pixels get in the way or not. As an animation moves objects, the associated sizing pixels will move with them, and can often get in the way. Occasionally this can be really restrictive, and another way has to be found of acheiving the same image without the sizing pixels.

Xara3D has options for adjusting the sizes and positions of objects, but I often found one adjustment, especially size, would also have an effect on other aspects, so an apparently simple change to one object could result in a whole series of other adjustments having to be made afterwards to restore the original situation. I generally find this aspect more frustrating than having sizing pixels, but it can work well at times.

But this frustration may be due to my relative lack of experience in using X3D's internal methods, since I tend to use sizing pixels more or less by default.

In many ways I think this auto-sizing sizing is one of the most irritating aspects of Xara3D, and would love an option to disable this, so that imported shapes preserve their absolute size, or if they could be referenced to an invisible bounding box. But then, I do tend to use Xara3D in ways that its authors I'm sure never intended or expected, so my wants may well not be relevant to their designed target customer base .

Mike