Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Painter IX5 and colouring!

Hello,

Im using painter at the moment, i just need to figure out how to colour, I use the wand tool, at the moment, to select segmants, in witch you can colour WITHIN the lines and notbe scared of having to be accurate and colour within the lines and be scared of poor colouring, now look carefully, you can see a circle of white where i have coloured it in, between the line and the colouring. i cant seem to stop this! can someone tell me how i can produce better colouring?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffffff.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	29564  
    IP

Default Re: Painter IX5 and colouring!

Hi,

1. Make your selection.

2. In the lower left corner of the image window, click the blue icon (first icon on the left). Three icons pop up. From left to right, they are:
    • Draw Anywhere (both inside and outside the selection)
    • Draw Outside (only outside the selection)
    • Draw Inside (only inside the selection)

3. Click the third icon from the left (Draw Inside).

4. Use Ctrl/Command+F to Fill the selection with the Main Color or paint inside the selection, whichever you prefer.

TIP: You might find it safer to create a new Layer once the selection is made. Then, with the selection active on the Layer, either Fill it with color or paint inside the selection. Using a Layer allows you to make changes without affecting other parts of your image.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP