Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scanning and wand!

Hello, ive tried the photoshop trial, and then i tried the painter, i like panter more i have to say, but photoshop u can scan pictures (( sketched and inked with pen into the program )) change it so most of the colours are black, use the wand tool, and then colour in the picture section by section, Ok, so can this be done in paint?
    IP

Default Re: Scanning and wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey120292 View Post
    Hello, ive tried the photoshop trial, and then i tried the painter, i like panter more i have to say, but photoshop u can scan pictures (( sketched and inked with pen into the program )) change it so most of the colours are black, use the wand tool, and then colour in the picture section by section, Ok, so can this be done in paint?
    If you mean Corel Photo-Paint, then yes.
    I don't use Corel much at all, so I have just scanned in an image and checked out its magic wand.

It works differently to P'shop's wand and you may find it preferable.
    Or not. I rather like it.

1 Open the Mask flyout, and click the Magic wand mask tool.
    2 Click the Normal button on the property bar.
    3 Type a tolerance value in the Tolerance box.
    4 Click a color in the image.
    Last edited by Intbel; 07 September 2006 at 08:22 PM. Reason: sp
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Thanks m8, well ino very little, and i want paint i like the look of it, but i know in photo shop u an scan a inked outlined picture in, wand it, and colour inside it, u have to do a few things to make it all black first, so it doesnt leave any pixels un-coloured, imjust wondering if thats possible to do :S i don't wanna go waisting my money. i just notice when wanding and oclouring, it will leave out the different tones like the greys, lighter blacks etc. but in photoshop, and as i said, this can be changed to (( all black )) so its much easier and smoother. and this is possible in painter, yes?
    IP

Thanks m8, well ino very little, and i want paint i like the look of it, but i know in photo shop u an scan a inked outlined picture in, wand it, and colour inside it, u have to do a few things to make it all black first, so it doesnt leave any pixels un-coloured, imjust wondering if thats possible to do :S i don't wanna go waisting my money. i just notice when wanding and oclouring, it will leave out the different tones like the greys, lighter blacks etc. but in photoshop, and as i said, this can be changed to (( all black )) so its much easier and smoother. and this is possible in painter, yes?
    I am 99% certain it is possible but I am not that familiar with Corel.
    Hang around, Sally, our Corel expert par exellence will get back to you.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Ok i will send her a PM asking , any links to her work around?
    IP

Are you asking if scanned pics can be imported into Painter? IF so, the answer is yes.

Click on the File Menu, then the menu item that says 'TWAIN ACQUIRE' that will scan in the image from your scanner.
    IP

Kind of but in photo shop u can adjust the colours, and make it so all the lines u have drawn with a ink pen, go solid black, you have to do this in order to use the wand tool without having certain grey etc. pixels from been coloured in, i just wanted to know if you can do this in coral paint IX 5?
    IP