Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wire Frame. (Outline View)

Just looking around the forums, alot of people when tracing images, use wire-framing, i have 2 questions.

when wire framed does it convert the image shapes, into editable shapes?

How can i turn the image into a wire frame, Do i need to download any specific files to do so?

Thanks, Luke.

Default Re: Wire Frame.

Movingthe 'view quality' slider will allow you to see all viewable frames in wire-frame mode.

Moving it to extreme left will show everything in wire frame.
    Moving it to about where I put the top arrow will show bitmaps as images while all shapes will be wire-frame.

In doing this, nothing is changed except the view.
    You can export an image while in wire frame view and a wire-frame image will be exported.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wire.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	29371  
    Last edited by Intbel; 04 September 2006 at 05:34 AM.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Luke

Wireframe is actually called "Outline" view and will not turn a bitmap into objects. There is a wireframe that is created in 3D programs that is like a net or grid covering an object, but in Xara it refers just to the simplest view quality setting.

What Outline View is good for is working quickly with very complex drawings as Xara does not have to constantly redraw the screen, and if you have some very complex shapes or blends this can take some time.

Blends are represented in Outline View as the start and end shape only which makes it easier to locate and select the start or end of a blend shape.

Outline view is also helpful if you need to select a shape that is hidden under another shape or shapes.

Gary

Listen to Gary.
    In my post replace every instance of "wire frame" with 'outline."

Thnx Gary ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.