Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Talking Re: pdf test lets try

Thank you guys, I guess I just wanted to assure myself that it would be easy to export and match everything perfectly.

Default Re: pdf test lets try

Illustrator cs1 was bang on, cmyk colors to the point, everything else looked great. I used open to open the file in illustrator and it asked what color profile, i choose cmyk and it worked fine.

Here's one more for you to investigate.

I can't get the pdf output even remotely similar to what I see on screen, so if you can export it to pdf, open it in Illustrator or something it would be nice.

I've tried both Acrobat Elements and Xara's own pdf export, but the background red is way off.

cheers,

Jon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    Here's one more for you to investigate.

I can't get the pdf output even remotely similar to what I see on screen, so if you can export it to pdf, open it in Illustrator or something it would be nice.

I've tried both Acrobat Elements and Xara's own pdf export, but the background red is way off.

cheers,

Jon
    They look the same to me. Do you have a gamma tool for your monitor? Maybe you need to calibrate your monitor?

If you are using a LCD monitor this might be even more important.

I use my monitor for the color setting of

RGB adobe 1998
    CMYK US sheetfed coated v2

this is the profile for all my adobe products

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
    They look the same to me. Do you have a gamma tool for your monitor? Maybe you need to calibrate your monitor?

If you are using a LCD monitor this might be even more important.
    I wish it would be so easy - my monitor is calibrated, and quite recently. What did you check the pdf with?

Anyway monitor calibration shouldn't affect this at all, maybe Adobe Reader just can't display CMYK colours properly? The problem is that neither Xara's Show printer colours or normal RGB view is even close to the color I get in the pdf.

(Obviously lack of skills is the main culprit here :-( )

I dont have the fonts, so everything looks crazy, can you send me the fond please? Also pdf makes all cmyk and rgb colors look duller. Also try to get the values of both cmyk and compare them, sometimes what you see on your screen is different than the actual values within the files, color was that is.
    Last edited by behzad; 14 August 2006 at 12:53 PM.

The font TW Cen Mt, probably came with Xara, OpenOffice or XP as I have no fontpacks on this machine.

I compared color values in the .xar and .pdf and they are different, but I'm really not sure if Reader displays them correctly.

Jon,

I can confirm the colour diffence. The background Burgundy in PDF is very much paler and washed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	28694  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Jon,

I can confirm the colour diffence. The background Burgundy in PDF is very much paler and washed out.
    Is this not the "Xtreme is not showing printer colours" problem? IE Xtreme is not showing a colour corrected image on screen whereas Acrobat is. I can't remember whether Xtreme has "show print colours" or whether that's just on Xara X.

Alex