Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Alter Frame Pause in 3D

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to alter the frame pause on an individual frame for an .avi export? I've tried opening the .avi animation in a third party program, but when I resave it the graphics quality deteriorates.

Thanks
    Art

Default Re: Alter Frame Pause in 3D

Not sure what you want to do exactly. In video files, there are several ways to change the duration of an individual frame. This of course depends on the edited program.

The most common video editor approach is to drag the frame or series of frame to the desired length, sometimes typing it in.

Some Animation GIF editors that import and export AVI will allow the editing of individual frames, thus you can lengthen or shorten the frame duration by putting in a value, usually 1 to 1000 (or higher.)

One way to do it, is to repeat the frame "X" amount of times so it is on screen longer. Or reduce the number of frames. Still shots using a video camera do this and can be adjusted in the editing process.

You can lengthen or shorten the frame time shown by using transition effects (fade, dissolve, break apart.) This of course depends on the video editing program.

Overlays can be used to trick the viewer they are viewing an image for a shorter or longer time.

Some slide show presentations allow for the introductions of slides in which the introduction of a subject can be user controlled or set by timer and then proceed on with the video.

In Xara3D6 one can type 'Control Enter' and put in a page break. Then You can edit the text to put in a blank screen or text or whatever. If you watch the timeline viewer, you can insert a page break where you want to break and introduce a object
    You can also enter a pause after a movie in Xara3D6, under the Animation tab.

The attached GIF animation shows up the same in an AVI file, just using the pulse animation. You can get similar results with step animation.

There are other ways for sure, depends on what you are trying to achieve.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 23 July 2006 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks James. I just want to pause frame after one rotation of a title graphic. It's a credits sequence with several pages and, as the text rotates to "full frontal", I want a 3 second pause before it continues. I've tried a bunch of things in a couple of third party programs but the resulting save is poor quality for some reason. I need a high resolution, uncompressed, sequence of broadcast quality.

I'm certain the guy who's doing the film editing will have the necessary equipment... he's on holiday at the moment. Thanks again, but I think I'll leave it to him.

Art

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Thanks James. I just want to pause frame after one rotation of a title graphic. It's a credits sequence with several pages and, as the text rotates to "full frontal", I want a 3 second pause before it continues. I've tried a bunch of things in a couple of third party programs but the resulting save is poor quality for some reason. I need a high resolution, uncompressed, sequence of broadcast quality.

I'm certain the guy who's doing the film editing will have the necessary equipment... he's on holiday at the moment. Thanks again, but I think I'll leave it to him.

Art
    Hmm is it an animated gif?
    I just load a GIF into the free Microsoft Gif Animator and there
    I can set all frames at the rate I want. The result isn`t bad.
    (And if this is not what you are thinking of, just forget this post )

And then use a gif to avi program I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion Ankhor. It's an .avi and I exported to an avi editor, but the resave was poor The problem is that the editor has to interpret the various frame values and with a sequence as complex as the one I'm altering, I get compromised quality. I'm not that bothered as it can all be done quite easily by the guy who's doing the video editing in his studio.

Thanks anyway
    Art