Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Pls Help Me.....icon Issue

hello,
    pls help me how to remove the exported file in .ico format which do not have a background? when i try to export it in ico format it's not transprance pls help me......

thanks & regards,
    IP

Default Re: Pls Help Me.....icon Issue

What file extension is ".ico" and what are you trying to do with the export?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode
    What file extension is ".ico" and what are you trying to do with the export?
    Thought you might like this explanation Sally.
    What is an ico file?
    An ico file is actually a repository of bitmap like images. They are used because in some locations a 16x16 pixel image is desired, and sometimes a 32x32 image may be needed. Sometimes a 16 color image is desired, and sometimes a 256 color icon is desired. This repository is scanned for the image size/color count appropriate for the location and the computer's color capability. If the image is not ideal, it may be compressed, expanded, and/or colors may be modified producing unexpected results.
    IP

Look at this thread with Tips to create 16x16 icons (it's a Xara Xtreme thread, but there are some general tips).
    IP

When I look at what CorelDRAW is able to save and export, I don't see the file extension, unless you are using another software to arrive at that extension.

If you can tell me exactly what you are saving in DRAW, I'll be most likely able to help you.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

well sally, i just wanna save a file which is in 32x32 px i made this file for my icon for example i want to change the my computer icon so i made this object and now i want to export it in .ico format but the bakground is visible i just want to hide the bakground like my computer icon where is not bg...

btw, thanks dear parahandy you got gr8 explination for sallybode
    IP

Again, how do you export to .ico when that isn't even an option in either export or save as, I am confused.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode
    Again, how do you export to .ico when that isn't even an option in either export or save as, I am confused.
    i hink this could be helpful....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iconissue.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	27927  
    IP

It is only in 12, not in 9 or in X3. The dialogue box is just like to save a .gif, but it lacks specifying a color which is to be made transparent, so apparent transparency is the only available.

As suggested by several in the forum, for this Xara is the better choice, this is not supported by DRAW in X3 at all as it isn't in their current offering.

Transparency adds to file size and since icons are made to be as small as possible, perhaps that is why it isn't available. Making the background the color it needs to be to fade it is then the answer, so you arrive at what appears to be transparent on the page but indeed, it has a background.
    Last edited by sallybode; 22 July 2006 at 03:07 AM.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

ver 11. i'm using...i found MovieGear4 for this purpose and it's done gr8, btw thanks for your help.....
    IP