Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Access Violation Messages (all the time)

Hi.

Well I finally bought the full program. I thought that might cure the constant "Acess Violation" messages. It didn't work. Mind you, I now get an upgraded "Access Violation" message. Instead of at being at "offset 0X003B82DC", the violation is at "offset 0X003B81C". It's one letter less, so I assume its an upgrade.

The problem with these things is that it wipes your files at the very moment your attempting to save them. Just press "save animated gif as..." and all your work disappears into the ether.

All I'm trying to accomplish is a simple 9 step fade... surely Zara can manage that without freaking out!

Through bitter past experience, I saved the first 2 frames before attempting the fade, so they are attached. I want to fade the second frame, that's all.

Why am I getting these messages?

Art.
    Last edited by Grunt; 20 July 2006 at 02:35 PM.

Default Re: Access Violation Messages (all the time)

I sent you a private message a while ago with where you could send the Xar file so that I could have a look at it. You may not have noticed that you have a private message, look near the top of the page, it should say something like:

Welcome, Grunt.
    You last visited: Today at 11:35 AM
    Private Messages: Unread 1, Total 1.

Clicking on the "Private Messages" link will let you read it...

I would recommend that you save your document into a new file using Save As immediately before every time you try to export the animated gif. This way, if the export does crash, then you will be able to reload the .Xar file rather than having to build it all again.

Once you have sent me a Xar file that crashes repeatably then I will try to get to the bottom of your problem...

Gerry

Default Re: Access Violation Messages (all the time)

Hi Gerry,

The email address you gave me gets knocked back. According to Xara it "is no longer maintained".
    I guess you can't download attachments from this forum. I've sent a private message with my email address. If you let me have a functioning email address, I'll send the file.

Cheers, Art
    Last edited by Grunt; 20 July 2006 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Attachment was not downloadable.