Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Noob - Achieve the coin affect

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo2
    Thanks Soquili and Broncofan! I appreciate the help, and will hopefully put up my results shortly!
    Just curious to see what you came up with Magoo (I love looking at this stuff).
    IP

G'Day Chris,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

There have been a few changes since this thread was originally started. The forum was on different servers from another host, and my web host was bought out by another company that has blocked access to files I had available to download.

Long story short, if you look in the top right hand corner of each person's post you will see a number. The zip file you are looking for is in post #52 of this thread. I have 20 posts per page (don't recall what the default number of posts per page is), but for me #52 is on page 3.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There are members from every part of the world so someone should have an answer for you quickly.
    Last edited by Soquili; 30 June 2006 at 03:01 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I have a graphic that is just the head part of a charactaure (sp?) done of me years ago. I was not really thinking of anything specific for the back side except at the time I was thinking of a 'back side'! Now after a little thinking and searching I have found a graphic of some cat tail plants that I think I will try. I liked the effect of some of the coins I saw even though I haven't read all through the thread yet. I hope to try my hand at this maybe over the weekend.

Thanks

Paul
    IP

Paul,

I thought you may have been thinking about a 'back side' image

Have you seen Kiwi's avatar?

Cat tails sound like a good choice. I remember when the penny coin had 'wheat' on it's back side.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Smile Re: Noob - Achieve the coin affect

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    WARNING! - Large graphic file sizes. Please be patient while they load http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hello again Gil,

I'm kind of cheating in this mini tutorial. The text will be here and the images will be attached. This works a little faster than making a many framed tutorial with graphics and text together, at least for me http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

http://btaylor.50megs.com/images/gib-holmes.gif

This Zip File contains a .wmf file of the circle that is imported into Xara3D. It also contains the original .xar file of the circle, the two .jpg files for the coin faces, the .gif animation created and the .gif of the tutorial images. It also contains the Xara3D6 file used to create the animation.

1. Open Xara3D6 and import the .wmf or the .xar file that contains the circle. Adjust the extrusion of the circle to the size you want for the coins thickness. See image 1.

2. Repeat the import so you have two of the circles side by side. See image 2.

3. Enable the text cursor and select the right circle. Hold the shift key and press the left arrow key to make the selection. In the Texture Options, check the Texture box and in the dialog that opens, navigate to the folder containing the first image for the coin face you want. Open that file. See image 3.

4. Release the shift key, press the left arrow key to un-select the right hand circle. Hold shift and use an arrow key to select the left hand circle. Use the Texture Options to open the image for the other face of the coin. See Image 4.

NOTE: Do not worry about the texture images not fitting on the circles at this time.

5. Move the text cursor so that it is between the two circles. Hold a Control Key and press the Enter Key. This inserts a page break between the two circles. See image 5 (before the insert) and 6 (after the insert).

The circle shape in the .wmf and .xar is the same size as the coin images I used. Because they are the same size, the images match the circles. If you create your own circle and do not have images the same size, adjust the size of the images in the Texture Options.

http://btaylor.50megs.com/images/x3d-coin-tut.gif
    Hello,
    I am very new to Xara, but have the whole fam damily of their products. I am thrilled to find such a forum with such great information! I tried to download the above zip file and do not have permission..? What do I need to do to get this file? Please help!
    IP

Hi LukStruk,

Welcome to the forum.

Try this link X3dCoinTut.zip
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thank you, kindly!
    IP

How can I get two circles side by side in xara3d, please ?
    IP

I have managed to open the first disc (Stage 1) but when I try to open it again nothing seems to happen so I can't get both discs on the same page!
    IP

Make sure you activate the show/hide cursor - [a|b] - before you paste the second circle in.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP