Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NHL logo - chrome effect - how to

A while back I posted an NHL logo graphic. Here is a simpe 'how to' file that shows what was done in recreating the look.

Maybe useful to new users. There is a xara file you can download and use and it briefly explains the steps I took.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrome effect.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	27157  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    •Bob

Default Re: NHL logo - chrome effect - how to

Hi, Nice graphic. When I download the .xar file there seems to be some plug-in that is missing. It evidently has to do with the chrome effect. Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
    mg

Being a hockey fan, I'll have to take a better look at this one, thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mg.architect
    Hi, Nice graphic. When I download the .xar file there seems to be some plug-in that is missing. It evidently has to do with the chrome effect. Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
    mg
    This file is best used with the latest version of Xara - Xara Xtreme. The chrome effect used is made by a plug-in which is a part of Xara Xtreme. Earlier versions of Xara, this feature is not available.
    •Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn
    This file is best used with the latest version of Xara - Xara Xtreme. The chrome effect used is made by a plug-in which is a part of Xara Xtreme. Earlier versions of Xara, this feature is not available.
    Hmm I thought the chrome plugin was part of the ones you needed to buy seperately from eyecandy 4000? (or use the demo version or something)

Never mind, the chrome swirl and another one came free with te demo. lucky ones
    Last edited by ankhor; 27 June 2006 at 09:07 PM.

Ok when I load the graphic it says "document uses XPE plug-in Live Effects that are not installed.."

What is this referring to? In Xara help I didn't find a reference to "Live Effects". So evidently I've missed something?

Thanks,
    mg

You need to have Xara Xtreme. I have that installed and saved and opened the file with no errors. Thanks for showing us the file Bob.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Hi Bob
    I downloaded your file and like the others, the plugin was not working, but no odds since I just simply redid it with a nice copper effect (the toolbar said the chrome had been applied but was not availabe or working when I first opened your file). However, I am using the package that you buy, not the original freebees and I think that is what is making the difference.
    If you look in the tool bar when doing the plug in, you will see a lock there. If you lock it, then I believe that anybody and everybody will see the plugin effect, but it makes the file size larger. Possibly even people with older versions may see the chrome effect........frank

By the way, nice job
    .............frank

But I have Xara Xtreme...So what is it that I'm missing?

mg

That is strange because I just saved and opened the file again here on my computer at home and it worked fine again. I just Xtreme installed from the CD that I ordered. So I dont know why some people would be having trouble with the chrome plugin ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire