Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: ofset for linked colors

yes. I use xaralx for webdesign. I the design I do group all colors. So there my is a group base:light-blue(maincolor of the page), text_normal:black, text_link:blue, text_hover:dark-blue, hightlight:light-green

As example for the hover of a link I use xaras linkcolor feature cause I want that the color is lighter or darker.

But how do I get a link to the "hightlight" color? The goal could be to allow a shifting value for the linked H-Variable

If there is an other sloution please let me know.
    nos
    IP

I am presuming you want the highlight colour to have a different hue.

I think you just keep the base highlight colour as a separate colour (or, if you prefer, inherit the S & V components from either the base colour, or a linked lighter version of the base colour).

While the highlight colour would have a different hue, I can't think of a logical or artistic reason why you would want it to be (say) a constant +20 degrees around the hue circle from the base colour. I think you'd want to determine this yourself. Perhaps that's just me.
    IP

the reason is that I could change the H-Value of all colors be changing the value of the basecolor and make easyly new colorsheme. Otherwise one have to adust all colors of a colosmehe manualy that dont use the same H-Value . . ..
    IP

Just use a hierachy of linked colours, with the ones with different hues at the top. Alternatively, just inherit everything except "H".
    IP