Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Layers and fatal errors?

New user here. Been using Xara successfully for the last week or so, going over the tutorials, etc. I love layers, but since I started using them this morning, the program keeps throwing fatal errors and closes without saving. I'm running it on Windows 2000 Pro with 640MB of RAM and an Nvidia card with 32MB of video memory. Xara: 2.0F March 26 build.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Layers and fatal errors?

Quote Originally Posted by b3rntumb3r
    New user here. Been using Xara successfully for the last week or so, going over the tutorials, etc. I love layers, but since I started using them this morning, the program keeps throwing fatal errors and closes without saving. I'm running it on Windows 2000 Pro with 640MB of RAM and an Nvidia card with 32MB of video memory. Xara: 2.0F March 26 build.

Any ideas?
    First thought is that you could use more ram and a higher spec video card.
    Ram is cheap and so are 128Mb video cards. Graphics files can be quite large and cause your computer to choke.

Also, what cpu processor are you using (e.g. AMD 3200, or...???)

Default Re: Layers and fatal errors?

Thanks for the input, but I don't think that's it. A new--small--file crashes and my cpu goes up to 100%. Seems more like a memory leak to me. I've re-installed as cleanly as I can and will monitor it for improvement.

Thanks again.