Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Gary Priester is a hero

I write this to give props to GP. I have been recently going through the materials shipped with my copy of Xara and the XaraXone, Workbook, Tutorials, and so forth are proving to be a huge help and very educational as well. I have to say that it's guys like Gary who spend so much time doing things for a program that really keep it alive and breathing. If we were a family, Gary would be the grandfather - the hub keeping the bickering siblings and cousins and nephews together I think.

I have found the articles to be very relevant even to this day, regardless of when they were created. I haven't gotten too far along assimilating all of the knowledge of XaraXone into my brain yet either, I have atleast a good years worth of time to devote and learn from the experts. I just want to say thanks to everyone who helps with XaraXone, and especially to Gary for his seemingly unlimited reserve of generousity (where do you find the time!?).

Here's to you man, and for all of your near-martyrdom regarding Xara as it's clear to me you have found true love. Thanks for sharing your love with me. I look forward to more good things in the future.

I know from experience how difficult it can be to keep the momentum up on something like XaraXone so really, sincerely, great job and keep up the good work. The same goes to all that contribute to the global collective of Xara-ness. It's like a secret gift I was given finding out it came on my CDs.

And a big thanks to my friend Ron who has convinced me to spend alot of money on software, but all of it worthy of the price. Thanks Ron for your guiding hand.

Now I just need to take all of this overwhelming and comprehensive material and download it into my brain and start making some great stuff in Xara like I've seen here!

Default Re: Gary Priester is a hero

re. Gary - I couldn't agree more!!!! Thanks (again) Gary!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

I also would like to acknowledge Gary's efforts in ALL graphics endeavors, he has many, many times helped and guided me in my attempts at a variety of programs that I play in, and I would like to say a big thank you Gary Priester
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    I also would like to acknowledge Gary's efforts in ALL graphics endeavors, he has many, many times helped and guided me in my attempts at a variety of programs that I play in, and I would like to say a big thank you Gary Priester
    Jim
    Yep, allthough I just started out, I looked through the tutorials etc.
    So thumbs up for Gary priester and for everyone for that matter, for
    this forum is very helpfull and friendly (and funny).
    It almost looks like the old amiga community.
    (Oh no, not his amiga rant again )

be aware, not to become a ware.

Ah, the Amiga. Sigh You could do a 60 second animation with sound and fit it on an old 750K floppy!

Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Gary

I agree with everyone's comments. Gary's tutorials, have helped many learn Xara. Thanks Gary!!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I remember doing my first Gary tutorial about 1997...I think it was a light bulb from the old Corel Magazine...I'm not sure if it was a Corel Draw or a Xara tutorial, if I remember correctly it was about this time that I found the I-us site. I owe a great deal to Gary for helping me along on my computer journey of the last 10 years...

Joel

I heartily agree. Gary has steadily kept our artistic juices stirred up
    with all his help, tutorials, etc. He has given much of his time and
    talent, all to our mutual benefit. And I too appreciate him and applaud
    his good spirit, generosity, and help. Thank you, Gary.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    Ah, the Amiga. Sigh You could do a 60 second animation with sound and fit it on an old 750K floppy!

Thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Gary
    Oh you deserve them, but one thing,
    (yes it is amiga related) it would be a 740K
    crossdos disc or a 880K amiga disc.
    Even in that area amiga put a floppy to it`s limits
    (yeah I know, you used single density discs for it
    and they said 740 K because of the PC`s)

And Xara has the same feel when I use it, the work just flows
    unlike many other graphic PC programs.

Actually I stopped a long while doing graphics, just because
    the PC programs were just plain awfull to work with.

Xara has rekindled (do you write it like that?) my intrest
    into arts. The sad part is that I can`t recall how I came
    in contact with this program? I guess a free test copy
    in a magazine.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

I am owner of the Amiga emulator from Clonato. I had always wanted an Amiga when I was younger but couldn't afford it. Now I own AmigaForever and have been having fun discovering what I've missed. Amiga computers are excellent and some of the software for Amigas that I've been lucky enough to discover on the internet are very professional and well made. I had an Apple][e at the time (my parents bought me my apple2 around the time the first Apple][gs was released) and always was jealous looking at the screenshots for my favorite game in computer magazines like Byte and seeing the gorgeous graphics of the amiga and gs. Ah well, now it's 16 million colors, 24bit 96khz sound, gigabytes of storage and ram! We are spoiled.