Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: a life on the ocean waves

Did I create the ship drawing in Xara? You bet! It's the only way to fly.

I've done some other nautical work with xara in the past. See link below.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=949

Hey Chuckpa

One of the members signature is "take it once is plagarism, take it twice is research". Post your xara file so I can research it please. Somebody out there doesn't like my boats.
    .............frank

Are Seagulls in season this time of year??????????
    -=Bob=-

I remember reading a bumber sticker many, many years ago.
    Help fight pollution, eat a pigeon for lunch.
    The thing about Seagulls is that they are beautiful, very graceful and they eat garbage. Need I say more? Yeah, they're in season and they're great with fries. Bonne appétit.
    .............frank

Seagull: "One of the members signature is "take it once is plagarism, take it twice is research". Post your xara file so I can research it please."

Research to your heart's content. File enclosed (500 kb).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Chuckpa.....thank you, thank you and thank you. Now, lets see the Drifter and Parahandy critize my new boat (actually your boat but I've researched it now) By the way, excellent seagull there. Obviously you are a person of extraodinaire tastes as are the boydes themselves, especially with the fries. Up here we call them North Shore chickens.

Just edited this to add a bit more. I am trying to analize your picture but it is really heavy in this old tin box of mine. I dragged the seagull to one side and the whole boat dissappered for 5 seconds. Everytime I do something, same effect......maybe time to reboot but to close to bed time. I was trying to figure out why the clip view on some of the sails but now I understand. I probably would have cloned the sail and used a linear fill and and transparency, but I am beginning to understand what you have done. This is the advantage of posting a xara file when you've done something really, really good. By the way, the water is fantastic. I tried to play with it also but the computer started having a nervous breakdown so I think not, at least not tonight. Thanks again for posting this and I'll try and look at it again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Seagull; 23 May 2006 at 02:47 AM.
    .............frank

If you have a massive drawing that bogs your computer put it in outline form, then ungroup it. If the drawing is in layers, copy the layers to separate xar files and take a looksee there.

Layers are power, use them wisely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello Chuckpa

Still analizing your boat in Xara. Out of curiousity, any idea how long it took? I know it was no 1 / 2 hour job. Everytime I move it a bit, the boat dissappears and then starts reappearing step by step, same with the bow wave, comes back piece by piece, making itlook like the wave is really moving. I have to get past it soon so I can get back to analizing Drifters work. I'll never get as far as you two, have no intentions of even trying, but enjoy being able to disassemble allowing me to see and appreciate both your techniques and skill
    .............frank

How are you analyzing his pic? i see no .xar file......
    -=Bob=-

Good news for Chuckpa with one "K" tonight.
    This morning I was playing with your fantastic drawing, breaking into layer as suggested by Jamesmc, and it works......as long as you don't look at all the layers at the same time. I didn't realize you had so much detail on the boat itself until the sails were removed. Unfortunatly the old tin box decided to have a nervouse breakdown so the results weren't saved but I will probably redo it. It only took between 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to create the layers so no big lose and it is worth it with this machine for studing your techniques. Thanks for the pleasure and another for posting the xara file.
    .............frank