Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: websyle

Default Re: websyle

Ian,
    I'm not quite sure to understand (my mothertongue is french), but just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding, and that you're not missing this helpful feature, you can import the WebStyle clipart from Xtreme as long as the clipart file has the WIX extension.
    I hope this helps and I wish you a nice week-end.

Bernard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImportedWix.gif 
Views:	206 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	25502  

Talking Re: websyle

Thanks

I'll take a look

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by BernardBerger
    Ian,
    I'm not quite sure to understand (my mothertongue is french), but just to make sure that there is no misunderstanding, and that you're not missing this helpful feature, you can import the WebStyle clipart from Xtreme as long as the clipart file has the WIX extension.
    I hope this helps and I wish you a nice week-end.

Bernard
    Bernard, you are correct. I have been using CorelXara/Extreme and WEebstyle for a long time and not noticed this. So far as I have been able to ascertain, you can indeed import wix files into Xtreme and use them as any Xar file. If you edit the image and re-export it as a wix file you can even view the changed file in the webstyle gallery but not use it as all the features (text, colour etc) are greyed out...
    Tony

Talking Re: websyle

Yep,

works for me!

As an added bonus I suspect that if as was sugested in a previous message I create a template with my linked colours I can simulate webstyles linked colours by using the template

thanks a lot

Ian

It's about time Xara made a web authorin software, dont you think?
    Adobe and Macromedia are now just Adobe. Corel is not a real competition. Microsoft is trying to put their nose into graphical design and web authorin with their Expression software (which is of course not their, since they bought it from CreatureHouse).

Anyway, I already find Xara products rather useless except for drawing, since it's a single-page drawing program. Even with the new pdf export I'm getting a hard time using it. It's a standard here to use freehand, indesign, illustrator and etc... Xara is not compatible with these programs, and jpegs are not always welcome.

Red face Re: websyle

Hi

I know frontpage has gone (whew) but Dreamweaver is still around as Adobe seem to have sidetracked their offering.

I've used DW for years and have moved through all the versions till V8.

Xara will have to go some to compete and I for one will be reluctant to change.

Xara is the best (IMO) for graphics and I wish I'd dsicovered it years ago, but havong used all of the html editors DW is the best and offers as good support as XARA.

The question is what could a xara product offer? Ok better integration with web style? I haven't used webstyle page templates as is for years rather I modify the individual components to do and look how I want export and place them within DW.

Cheers

Ian