Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Updating Menu in Webstyle 4

Hi again,
    I am not sure what you mean by this statement.

It would behoove you to store the WebStyle project in exactly the same place where your FrontPage Web and Pages is stored at (your online webpage prior to uploading.)

I did try to create a new project previously and ran into the same or similar error. How can I insure that I do not mess up my existing menu that exists on my website while I am trying to get this to work. If I just make another copy of the whole website, will that do it? Or does Xara store some things in any other places?

Is there a phone number where I can reach you so that we might be able to expedite this? Shelly Rosenberg

Default Re: Updating Menu in Webstyle 4

I'm having the same issue, I think, which is a contination of an earlier post I made. I've created a project, loaded a nice theme and modified the components. I can run FP and have a page linked to the new WS created page and it all looks fine in FP preview. I've manually moved as many components over as I can, but the navbar, in particular, is still linked to WS via the .js script (I guess). When I publish, all of the WS components are missing, as they are not in ../my webs/ Your suggestion makes sense but I don't believe it works. If I try to create a new project as you suggested by adding the entire filename g:\my documents\my webs\sg2 (in this case) WS pukes and says I've entered an invalid filename because there are unrecognized characters. Enclosing in quotes doesn't help. Again, I can't use the program if I can't get the product data connected to FP My Webs\folder.
    WS seems like a useful program, IF one could decode and manipulate the filing system.
    I would also make the request, is their someone I can call and get this worked out?
    thanks.
    Greg