Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 1 pix boarder around exported graphics

When I create a simple box where the line and fill are the same colour, I export it as a PNG, but always get a 1-pixel boarder a shade lighter around the edge!

I've tried everything I can think of but can't get around this.

The solution is probably very simple.

Please help

Default Re: 1 pix boarder around exported graphics

Just fixed the problem

I set the line width to 0!

The boarder was 0.25pt so I assume it was trying to make the boarder thiner by making it lighter?

It this correct?

Hello David and welcome to the Xtreme Conference.

You should be working in Pixels.

And when you export your graphics, make sure your images are in even pixel amounts, for example 240 x 300 pixels vs. 240.5 x 299.7 pixels.

Xara antialiases graphics that are not in even pixel amounts. If the dimension for example is 300.5 pixels, Xara creates a row of pixels that are a split between the image and the background colors.

To set your page units to pixels: Right click on the screen and select Page Options... from the pop up menu. In the Units tabbed section, select Pixels for the Units and 0-255 for the Color Units. In the Grid and Ruler tabbed section set the Major Spacing to 100pix (key it in exactly like this please) and the Number of Subdivisions to 10. Press OK to close the dialog and apply the changes.

Gary

Hi David.

This one is a bit quirky. Yes you're correct, if you set the line width to none, then the toolbar along the top will show the size of the shape. If you have a line width, this has an effect on the overall size of the shape. A line width of 0.75 Pts is equal to 1 pixel. But the line is applied half in and half out of a shape, so applying a 0.75 pt line doesn't increase a shapes sive by 2 pixels but only one.

There are other things to watch out for. I don't know if this is my machine, but if I apply pix as the units, the line widths still remain as pts!

Further to this, if you toggle between the 'Scale Line Width' mode, this alters the display of the x & y size and positions. I've never understood why toggling this tool should alter the other displays.

Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.gif 
Views:	159 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	24989  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've been working in pixels but if I work at > 100% zoom then things get created with fractional pixels, although I'm not yet sure whether I care since this is all new to me, I've just worked with bitmap editors in the past.