Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Latest from Steve Szoczie on Windows Painter IX.5 Download

For the latest on the Windows Painter IX.5 download, read Steve Szoczie's post...

///EDIT///

Jinny, when possible, save people the trip and just post here.

Here's Steve's read:

With the release of the update for Painter IX, once it got into the wild, we had a couple of issues arise, which we think are detrimental to folks using the product. So we have temporarily pulled the update for windows off of our site.

We are hoping to have the issues resolved shortly, and get the update back up on the site.

But a couple of things to take note of when installing the update.

Before installing the update, it is recommended that you back-up all of your custom brushes / palettes / materials from your user folder.

Once you have installed the update hold the shift key when starting Painter IX the first time after updating, and select 'yes' in the dialog to rebuild the workspace and reset it to the new factory defaults. There are new tools and palettes available in Painter IX.5, so this reset of the workspace will make them available.

Once you have reset the workspace, you can bring your customized elements back into Painter.

I hope this helps, and if you have further questions, please either reply here or directly to me (steve.szoczei@corel.com).

I will follow-up with a post to state when the new update is available on our site.

thanks

cheers

steve
    steve.szoczei@corel.com
    Last edited by RTK; 04 March 2006 at 02:37 AM.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP