Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile A New poster and a question

Hi

I haven’t posted here before all though I have been lurking for a while.

I’m a web designer in the UK and have been using Xara since it 1st came out. In fact I was using Artworks long before Xara was born so I’m a bit of an oldie to this software.

I still use Xara X but have been looking into getting Xara Extreme where I work. I’m the one who influences what software we use and have always recommend Xara everywhere I’ve been.

I do have a quick question. Do any of you use both as Extreme has dropped some of the functions that we sometimes use in our jobs?

Boleyball

Default Re: A New poster and a question

I keep both on computer, and I prefer X1 as it seems faster aand I don't use the plugins that much
    Jim

Yes, for the above reasons, plus I'm embarrassed by the box which I think looks like you get from one of those rotating displays of cheap software you get in the stationary section of Tescos
    ......and I use the fonts from the CorelXara disk which I still think is the best set.
    (I don't mean to sound as though I don't like Xara, I still think it's the best application of it's type around, it's just Xara seems to want to make less of it than it deserves).
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 21 February 2006 at 02:48 PM.

I remember from Xara Studio you got nearly 900 fonts on disc.

Like I mentioned above I still use Xara X. We mainly use it for producing screen shots of future websites, icons, logos, and general graphics.

Hopefully I’ll post some of my work up in the near future.