Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Xara to Illustrator file format

Hello, I tried many exports from xara to illustrator, this is only for vector files not bitmap. I like to be able to resize the vector or possibly apply pantone colors in illustrator.

The only thing that worked for me was pdf file. Funny to discover, when i use the same pdf file that i exported from xara, even at the dpi of 96, in photoshop it is bitmap, but in illustrator you can resize it and it keeps the vector format.

Well that is another topic, but I would love to hear some suggestions to the above.

Thanks

Default Re: Xara to Illustrator file format

Photoshop now has the ability in the newest version to recognize vector shapes and import them. But you just don't do it the regular way, using the Bridge give you the choice of if you are opening as a bitmap or a a vector shape.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Hi Behzad,
    If you do a search on the forum on this topic you will get more info which might give you more info. I find if it is a basic vector the AI export works better as you don't have to remove clipping masks and ungroup and layers will be exported intact.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you all, yes I did do a search, but I was not content with my answer, i guess Xara needs a good export import update, I hope people at work can hear this. If this program is going to be used in the industry with photoshop and illustrator or even indesign and quark, really the export feature should work well.

They have fixed the cmyk tif export , but vector part of it remains.
    Pantones obtion would be idea, and I am willing to pay more for it.

Yes I have the older version, but again when you export pantones, the colors are not right in other programs.

This is the main issue.