Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Exporting files

Default Exporting files

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best eps or other vector file to export files in in order for people to be able to use/modify them in photoshop or corel draw? Everything I've tried comes out pretty pixelated when they open it. HELP

Default Re: Exporting files

First of all, Photoshop and CorelDRAW are very different types of applications. Photoshop is a bitmap editing applicaition while CorelDRAW is a vector drawing application.

My experience is Xara's native EPS export opens fine in Photoshop and maintains all of Xara's features such as shadows, bevels and various fills and transparencies.

CorelDRAW can open a Xara EPS file as a Postscript Interpreted file. But this is not an easy format to edit.

Adobe PDF format might be the best solution for either application.

Gary

Default Re: Exporting files

As a note, Expression Graphic Designer (EGD) is able to open Xara EPS/AI export type EPS format. In EGD, you need to enter *.* in the file open dialog to see the EPS format. AI is not available in EGD, however, it is available in E3. I have had a few problems with EMF and fills. WMF and EMF may load with many segments. I didn't get a Corel Draw EPS to load into EGD. I didn't try all the export options, however. Rich