Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to clone in Xtreme like the clone stamper in Photoshop?

I don't seem to see any type of stamper. Say I want to remove someones head or completly from a picture. How do I do this without a stamper type tool?
    Thank you
    I am trying to convert my office to Xara and out with Photoshop! : )

DR

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Default Re: How to clone in Xtreme like the clone stamper in Photoshop?

Almost impossible with vectors, but if you import photographs and want to apply a stamp, I remember there was a XEUS plug-in. You might check http://www.xaraxone.com and then the shareware page for more information.

This is the direct link: http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Default Re: How to clone in Xtreme like the clone stamper in Photoshop?

Hi DR and welcome!

I'm delighted that you're on the conversion path, but you're mixing apples and oranges.

Stamp and clone tools are things you find in paint programs such as Photoshop. In those apps, you're editing individual pixels in a bitmap. (I know, I know, this statement is a gross generalization and there's more and more overlap between paint and draw programs, but it's the best way to get the point across.)

Vector (aka drawing) progams are very different animals. Behind the scenes, a vector drawing is just some instructions to the computer. As a result, it's far more scalable and flexible than a bitmap. In Xara in particular, vectors are quicker and more powerful.

As Jens says, using a vector app to get rid of someone's head in a photo is nearly impossible. It's like driving in a screw with a hammer: it may be possible, but that's really not the way to do it.

Xara gives us some amazing bitmap capabilities. Individual pixel manipulation is not one of them. Although you can cover many of your bitmap tasks with Xara (and likely do it faster and more easily than in other apps), there are some things for which you really do need a paint or photo editing app.

If you've already got Photoshop, youy don't have to buy anything else to handle those chores (unless you prefer the speed or ease of use of something like Paint Shop Pro). Just do in Xara what works better in Xara and use the paint app when you need it. There's no such thing as one app that does it all.