Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Color Picker in 3D?

Hi folks, i recently bought Xara3D6 and so far, wow, nice tool. I have been using Xara X1/Xtreme for a while and wondered if 3D had the same color picker tool that Xtreme has. I was just matching a backup for a gif animation and it was trial and error and time-wasting. I am sure after a bit of practice i could do it better, but the ole eye-dropper sure would have helped. Any pointers? thanks kindly, drew..

Default Re: Color Picker in 3D?

There is nothing keeping you from using Xara X at the same time you are using Xara 3d. Just use the color picker from Xara X to find your values. It can be used anywhere on your screen, including in your Xara 3d projects.
    - Andrew

Default Re: Color Picker in 3D?

thanks Andrew.. funny thing, i never even thought of that until after i was done Ü.. got into a mindset, thought 3D should have it, and just plodded along doing the simple reiterative thing until i had my desired result. I will do as you suggest next time.

I figure since this is a built-in utility of Xtreme, it will likely hit 3D shortly. cheers, drew..