Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: demo removal?

Default Re: demo removal?

I can't answer now Xhris as I am at work, but you may have a point. But wouldn't that be the same as if someone created a Xar. file and sent it to me, with "any" third party plugin that I did not have available on my machine?

I don't receive Xar. files from anyone, so this is not an issue for me. I suppose you could just restucture the plugin folder in XPE, keeping the few "live" filters, and deleting the demos if you have clients sending you files that may contain these live effects.

Actually, I tend to use the filters more in post editing in PS after I'm done in Xara.

Mike

Edit: So if the filters are Xara specific only, and you already own the set, do they expect you to purchase another set for use in Xara? What a concept.
    Last edited by Mike Hennessey; 09 January 2006 at 04:03 PM.
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

Default Re: demo removal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hennessey
    I can't answer now Xhris as I am at work, but you may have a point. But wouldn't that be the same as if someone created a Xar. file and sent it to me, with "any" third party plugin that I did not have available on my machine?
    xar files containing plugins that are not installed on the local machine dont show up - rather like missing fonts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hennessey
    So if the filters are Xara specific only, and you already own the set, do they expect you to purchase another set for use in Xara? What a concept.
    I'm not sure about that one, but it doesn't sound like that would be the case.