Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Car Tutorials

Default Car Tutorials

Now I know I have asked this before but has anyone gotten around to doing a bit of a detailed tute on how to do cars? I've been practicing for a while now but just cant seem to do it.

Outlining is no problem but its the details that just do me over.

Cheers,

Abigeus

Default Re: Car Tutorials

There are several cars which are full detail Xara files in the clipart gallery on the CD. These are pick-apart files for you to see how the drawing is assembled.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Abigeus,

Check out this thread and links: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=19545

I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Then it's "only" a matter of practice, practice and practice!

Thanks Sally and Risto.

I am still waiting for the arrival of my Xara Xtreme CD so will have to wait and see.

Risto the problem I have is after I actually get the basic shape of the car. This is the furtherest I have gotten as I just cant see how to do it after this.

Thanks all the same,

Abigeus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f50.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	22948  

The best way to learn is by doing.

You can also find photos of cars on the Internet. Do a search on Google for a type of car then click on the images. For example, do a search for Porsche then click on Images. You will see a bunch of photos. Find one you like and download it.

NOTE: If you are only using this image for learning it is OK.

Put the image on its own layer in Xara then create new layers for body, chrome. glass, wheels, etc..

Then try to figure out how to recreate the image.

You will need to create the basic shapes then use blends and gradient fills to shape the metal.

It helps if you know how to draw and have an idea how the parts should look.

It is not going to be easy and will take a long time, but if you are serious and want to learn, this is how to do it.

Gary

Thanks Gary for the advice, happily my Xtreme CD's have just arrived so I'll be nuttering my way thorugh the XaraXone extras there.

Cheers,

Abigeus