Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara CD Delivery

Hey All,

Posting from Australia here.. has anyone else in australia received the Xara Xtreme CD? Purchased it ages ago, recevied a letter saying they had some delays but still haven't got any word or packages from them.

Cheers,

Abigeus

Default Re: Xara CD Delivery

They only started shipping just before Xmas. Patience grasshopper!

Cheers Mate

Abigeus

I picked mine up from Gladesville PO [Sydney] today. I'm almost positive I ordered the box but all I got was a CD in a DVD case. I really wanted the box to sit on my shelf.

Installing CD version just now in Northern Arizona...

Wayne D

Quote Originally Posted by BONES
    I'm almost positive I ordered the box but all I got was a CD in a DVD case. I really wanted the box to sit on my shelf.
    I don't think there is a "box" any more. Xara X¹ had a box but the cardboard was so soft and the packaging so weak that it made it through the post looking more like a squashed sleeve than a box.

Looking at the Xara website now, there is a "CD" or a "Retail" version, differing in price by $10. It looks like the $10 extra buys you A printed Quick Reference Card. Plus an extra Xara Xone CD containing a PDF manual and more than 80 HTML tutorials featuring step by step creation of images and Hints & Tips. - so the CD version probably comes in the same case but without the second CD or card inside it.

The manual looks comprehensive, about 7" x 9" and 280 pages including the index. It is printed in black and white (with blue page numbers/chapter headings) - I think the original manual was in colour but at $29 / £17 you can't really complain. A little more care when packing the Jiffy bags wouldn't go amiss though, it would have helped avoid rucking and bending the cover of the manual.

OK, maybe I was mistaken. More likely I never read the description and just orderd the most expensive option, assuming it to be a box. My X1 box made it all the way to Sydney in pretty good condition. It looks fine sat between Combustion and Corel 12.

I got my CD in the mail just before NewYears! or was that just after Christmas ?
    Anyway I got it installed onthe computer no problems so far. Now I'll be out looking for free plugins.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Hey, Bruce, follow some of the threads in the Plugin sub-forum, some good links there for you, one really good one lately from Flaming Pear for Primus. Works in XPE but free is good, not as full-fledged as Super Blade Pro but not bad for free.
    Found I had to adjust the color output a second time around in XPE, other than that, nice.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Talking Re: Xara CD Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode
    Hey, Bruce, follow some of the threads in the Plugin sub-forum, some good links there for you, one really good one lately from Flaming Pear for Primus. Works in XPE but free is good, not as full-fledged as Super Blade Pro but not bad for free.
    Found I had to adjust the color output a second time around in XPE, other than that, nice.
    Well, Rats - Sally got hers in Socal -guess have Arnold in Norcal has no pull ;-)
    Tom - Hwy101