Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: New Xtreme trial available (December 1)

Blend along path with bitmap fill would be one of my wishes for a future fix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend-along-path.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	22542  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Where is the "Image settings" menu? How can I setup the "Overprint Fill" option? This option seems to appear and disappear from build to build.

Can somebody explain it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlen_Albert
    Where is the "Image settings" menu? How can I setup the "Overprint Fill" option? This option seems to appear and disappear from build to build.

Can somebody explain it to me?
    That has been removed.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF
    That has been removed.
    Has it been removed forever?

Yes, it was a holdover of the imagesetting features which were removed.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF
    Yes, it was a holdover of the imagesetting features which were removed.
    You said "holdover"? Hah! It's just an attribute of an object which become active (considered) only while the color separation. Now, when the separation has gone from XaraXtream, the only time it works is the TIFF(CMYK) export. I don't understand Xara.
    By the way, the old good 'Aldus' was the king of color separation but Adobe had brutally killed it.
    Ok. Anyway.

In this case, what Xara can offer to compete in the pre-print arena?
    Before, I could everyone pin down by showing what XaraX1 can produce in illustration and printing area. Everyone was astonished and agreed to examine XaraX1 features to migrate to It. So... what's now? Now I have to explain it away saying "Sorry my friends. Xara reduced your possibilities to produce printings. They probably want you to use..." etc. I thought, the newer a version of a program the more but not less features it can offer. Saddly.

Computers become faster in a twinkle of an eye. Thus, the competitive applications become feel better (you know that I mean those fat ones) because they offer the features the professionals need. I shut my eyes when application does its job slowly and not conveniently for me but I suffer it when know for sure that IT PRODUCES THE RESULT I NEED. I love Xara. Here is nothing to do with it. A lot of pre-print projects were prepared using XaraX. Now it is impossible to do. XaraXtream has the PDF plugin and some new live plugins which help me. XaraX1 doesn't have that ones. I need to find some way to overcome this split. I'm lost.

P.S. As I can understand it right, XaraXtream turns open sourced. So, many open source projects can be used inside XaraXtream to bring amazing features to its users.
    Last edited by Arlen_Albert; 08 December 2005 at 09:55 PM.

I think MerryOtter hit the nail on the head. I agree with him and others that a change log would be "a good thing".

While looking over the download pages to check I had the latest X1 version after my Xara reinstallation, there seems to be a newer Xtreme download than has been mentioned here - dated Dec 7th it is version e

Strange the Dec 1 download reads Dec 7, version e in the Help > About info. The Dec 7 download may have just been a correction to the file name. ??

The "Dec 7" download presents a user survey, then begins the download. When it installs it deletes your EXISTING installation and then installs itself.

I am guessing that there must be too many "bad" files from previous installs, thus, deletes them first to assure a better "update".
    Last edited by jclements; 11 December 2005 at 05:03 PM.

From the notes on the download page I think it is a nod to the fact that the CDs have taken longer than they thought, so the time period before the downloaded version demands to see the CD has been extended.

The CD I'm not bothered about, I understand bugs are fixed and revisions made before the CD is pressed, but the manual leaves one feeling a bit cheated when it hasn't even been sent to print yet.