Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone know where to sell these?

Anyone know where I can sell these items without having to divulge my bank details to people like Ebay. (Personally I dont trust them in the least) Got a surprise when they asked for all sorts of details to create a sellers account.

I have some coins that I have found over the years while metal detecting.

Coins from the reign of Henry 3rd and Edward 1st. Also George 3rd Sixpence and James 6th Scotland (James 1st England) and a broken Celtic potin.

http://mykyl.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CurvyImages/Coins.jpg

I also want to sell my Truespace 6.6 with 3 plugin Cd's and video courses as well if anyone is interested.

Trying to get cash so i can upgrade to Carrara 5 Pro to go with my Zbrush and Xara Xtreme purchases.

Cheers

Mike R
    IP

Default Re: Anyone know where to sell these?

Hi Mike,

Do a google search for antique coins... something might turn up there. Watch the really ancient ones tho... They have a tendacy to be "nationalized" with you getting fair market value. No mattter where you are, museums have a way of getting what they want without you getting a fair deal. that is true even in the States, The people who found "Sue" the largest most complete Tyranesaurous Rex got nothing.... but it sold for about 1 billion or something like that.
    IP

The museums took the best stuff back then. lol. I found a bronze age flat axe head (About 3500 years old) Thats in the Elgin museum in Scotland. I got the market value for it. I found a unique continental coin as well that the museum got for thier collection. Thats in the Main Scottish Museum in Edinburgh. I found an 8th century Bronze Pictish brooch that they also have. Was in the shape of a wolfhound or greyhound. Once again i got the full market value for that. The laws here in Scotland are tough but seem to be fair. You can apeal if you think the valuation is way out.

Everything I found went through them first to be checked out and whtever they didnt want I got back.

Cheers

Mike R
    IP

Awe, but who sets the "market value" they did not have "bid" in an open auction did they? They just had an appraiser do up an estimate. You might have gotten more, might have gotten less. Unless you put it on an open auction with a auctioneer who will correctly market the piece, then you will never know.

Have you looked into a real auction house not ebay?
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Boy-oh-boy, that George III face is kind-a scary! Yikes!

Mike, can't you just put them on consignment at a coin shop?

Regards, Ross
    IP

Mike
    You might try looking at some of the sites here:

http://www.swiftseek.co.uk/swiftly/p...g_service.html

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Bit the Bullet and stuck them all on ebay.

Cheers for the replies folks.

Mike R
    IP

mykyl1966,
    those are some awesome finds, WOW!. Good luck at ebay.
    IP

Found plenty more like that in the past. Most of it is in the museums now though.

Cheers

Mike R
    IP