Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sharing a Solution to Common Questions Posted

I know that posts crop up now and again about which font is this or that - I've actually come across a site where you can uload graphics and it'll tell you the font it is ... it works and it's really clever.

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
    IP

Default Re: Sharing a Solution to Common Questions Posted

Nice solution James and it works. Thanks for sharing
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I think James should be recognized again for this posting. It's a great help for identifying fonts. Thanks again James.
    ron
    IP

Thanks for the sharing that link, LV! There is another site that helps in identifying fonts at http://www.identifont.com/find-font.html, although I think yours is better. As I recall, I got the link from this forum awhile back.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by knightedduke
    I think James should be recognized again for this posting. It's a great help for identifying fonts. Thanks again James.
    ron
    Was LogoVend recognized for his contribution by being "Banned?" That's what it says under his username. Does that mean he's no longer welcome, or is it actually a cool group with a crazy name only special people are added to?[Puzzled look]

Merry
    IP

James was asked many times by many people to try to be less strident and confrontational. His response to these requests was anything positive or helpful. As a result, he has been asked not to post in these conferences.

A community such as the Xara Conferences or TalkGraphics consists of many members. A small number of these members participate and contribute on a regular basis while a large percentage prefer to listen and learn (lurk).

Communicating in an on line forum is different from talking to someone face-to-face, because it is often hard to tell if a person is serious or making a joke. It is important to try to respect others. To criticize in a positive way is good. But to attack people in a confrontational way is not. My long suffering wife who many a time has had to help me remove my own foot from my mouth always councils, when in doubt, don't say it :-)

Gary
    Last edited by gwpriester; 13 November 2005 at 02:51 PM.
    IP