Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can't unlock XaraXtreme

I have purchased XaraXtreme and installed the trial version. But there is not link to unlock the software.

Where can I unlock the trial version of XaraXtreme?

On startup, I get only a German splash screen of Xara X¹ (???) without an option to unlock. Before installing XaraXtreme, I have deinstalled my Xara X¹ (English CD version).

Default Re: Can't unlock XaraXtreme

sorry... no spreching sie deutch... Can not help at all. Maybe somebody else with bettern linguistical skills can help you out on this one. Might have to wait a while tho... Most peoples struggle with english around here...

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I speak German and I do understand the splash screen. But on the splash screen there is no link for unlocking XaraXtreme! I have no idea either where the German splash screen of Xara comes from. I have purchased the English version of XaraXtreme on xara.com and have downloaded the Englisch trial from xara.com. If I start this trial version, I get the German splash screen of Xara X¹ and after clicking on the Link Xara X testen (test Xara X), XaraXtreme English starts in trial mode.

My question: where does the German splash screen come from and where is the link to unlock XaraXtreme?

sorry Netspy,

There are a few folks who hang out here that are bi-lingual, and might even use the german version. They do not stop in everyday, so you might have to wait a day or two for a helpful reply. The most I can do is respond and keep you question towards the top of the stack and not bury it with all the old posts.

My posts here are just polite... I can't help responses... sorry.

@netspy:

Same problem here: I get a German splash screen (Xara obviously checks the language of the operating system) but there is no link to unlock Xtreme. Only to links: Purchase (I did this and was told to unlock from the splash screen -> haha!) or test it.

I did a test and set my system time to a future date with the fantastic result that there is only the possibilty left to buy the software.

XARA please help!!!! Is there a way to get an english(?) splash screen that offers unlocking?

Lightbulb Re: Can't unlock XaraXtreme

I found a way to unlock XaraXtrem with German Windows:

- close XaraXtreme
    - open the SystemControl-Panel (Systemsteuerung)
    - click on Language-Options (Regions- und Sprachoptionen)
    - choose "Englisch (Großbritannien)" as language and click "Übernehmen"

If you start XaraXtreme after that, the splash screen with the unlock link appears. You can now unlock XaraXtreme. Change then the language back to German and start Xara again.

@Xara: It's a bug and should be fixed in the next version.

Have you email this bug into xara yet?

BTW: nice workaround...

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

We're aware of this problem and it will be resolved in the next update that we'll make available soon. In the meantime in order to unlock, German users need to switch their machines to English, restart Xtreme, unlock from the startup screen and then switch the language back again, as described above.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Neil
    Xara

works - just wanted to post the country settings solution but i was late :b

bb,

FLy