Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Transparency issues with Xara Xtreme and PDF's

Hey all,

Have been using Xara Xtreme and have to say that it seems to be a helluva lot quicker then Xara X1. I have one problem with it, and that's exporting transparencies to PDF's. It just doesn't like it. I have to create a bitmap copy of the entire image and export the bitmap image as PDF, which pretty much defeats the purpose. Another issue is that I can't seem to be able to export a selection to PDF, only what is on the white page that Xara uses. If anyone could help me with these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Abigeus

Default Re: Transparency issues with Xara Xtreme and PDF's

To answer you second question first, as it is easier: the filter doesn't currently support exporting of just the selection. You will need to copy the objects into a blank document before exporting them.

Your first question is a little harder. Basically, the filter supports direct output of mix, stained glass and bleach transparency types. It also supports direct output of linear, radial (circular and elliptical) and bitmap graduations. If the transparency applied to an object doesn't match both of these then some conversion will take place. If the graduation type is different then it will be converted into a bitmap transparency (retaining the vector nature of the object) but if the transparency type is different then the entire object is converted to a bitmap.

What problem are you having with it? Can you give an example of something it doesn't like?

Gerry

Default Re: Transparency issues with Xara Xtreme and PDF's

Hey GerryI,

I have since changed the design of what I was exporting and in the process have also changed that which I was having difficulties exporting. Somewhere along the line I have fixed my problem. I exported it to pdf with a flat stained glass transparency with a coloured rectangle behind and it exported fine. I have tried recreating the problem I was having yesterday and no longer can. Unfortunately I have no copies of what I was working with as I have saved over the file. Sorry about that and thank you for your time,

Abigeus