Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Download movies - radio control is no obvious

Hi All,

Just a small point. When I am downloading the movies, the radio control ( red and green options ) is not obvious to me which is on. As a consequece, I only got the _small versions...

regards, Dave Porter
    dj-software.
    Perth, Western Australia

Default Re: Download movies - radio control is no obvious

I would suggest a remove and reinstall... The is, if you are on broadband. That would cure the problem real easy.

I agree. Minor point, but it is a little confusing as to which choice is selected, IMO.

I don't think this will change at this late stage. But what do other people think? Do you find it confusing? I personally found the red as selected apparant, because the rest of the color scheme is very blue. You can also click on an option to be doubly sure. But people see things differently.

There is no need to reinstall to get the movies though. Just click Update and select the broadband option. That should get them. If not, go into the Help And Support/Eng folder within Xtreme and delete the movies and try again.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Well, in most UI's I'm familiar with, a filled circle represents a selected radio button or option button and an unfilled one represents an unselected one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.gif 
Views:	215 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	21043  

I'd find Steven's suggestion easier for me too.
    Anton

Antony,

Since they're referring to red and green buttons, it might be worth considering the issue of colorblindness here. I'm not suggesting that anybody here is colorblind , but merely that it affects an estimated 5% of the population, predominantly men. (I've read estimates as high as 10%.)

Just because someone is colorblind, it doesn't mean they don't do graphics. My brother-in-law, for example, sees almost in grayscale, but he's made a living doing computer graphics for years.

Might be something to think about in the Xara interface. If you want more i nfo, check out www.vischeck.com.

Assumptions are bad in a UI... I wasn't sure which was which when I first saw this dialog in X1, so I just make sure I click broadband before I press anything else.