Wowee, Sally. It seems like you're on a roll.
Blend modes, yes. They're a nice way of enhancing an image. One thing about them, though, is except for multiply, I really have no mental picture of how they will turn out so I often go through the process of scrolling though the modes one by one until I find the one I like. You can scroll through PI's blend mode via the up and down arrow keys if you have the blend mode field highlighted (by placing the cursor over it so it turns blue and opens the dropdown list of the modes, pressing down the up or down arrows scrolls through the modes one by one and lets you see the effect if you have the preview checkbox highlighted).
Another trick in PI I picked up from Jen at PIBB is to save a set of objects as a png file to "flatten" the objects as a single object. Often, if you have a couple of objects with different blend modes, combining the objects into a single object destroys the transparency. Part of the background color becomes incorporated into the resulting object. By selecting the objects with different blend modes you want to convert as a single object and running the save for web function and saving the group as a transparent png file, you can get a good transparent version of the combined objects which you can import back to the file you're working on. Pretty good trick which I often use...