Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all;

Maybe it's just my year for strange happenings, but I suppose this just might have an explanation.

My system has been slowly going wonky (please forgive the technical jargon) over the past few months and I finally found time to express my disgust by formatting my hard drive. One of the symptoms pre-format was browser previews of Xara1 animations were opening a foreign document. In this case it was something to do with Alzheimers and if memory serves (this is true dammit, I'm not trying to be funny, it just comes out that way) it was from some university study. Ok, flash forward to today where I'm muddling along with an animation, previewing it, more muddling and previewing. Out of the blue, one of the previews opens a document with this address: http://ksuweb.kennesaw.edu/~jmoran/caus.htm In this case it's about a Model United Nations. This may actually be the same institution that had the alzheimers document. It appears this only happens if I attempt to preview an animation when my browser (Firefox) is closed.

Have I found an Easter Egg? Did any of the Xara writers attend Kennesaw State University (I've never heard of it until now)? It's danged annoying following on top of everything else this box (WinXP, SP2, 512 ram, disk space up the wazoo) is throwing at me. Maybe I should stick to paint and canvas?

Thanks,

Alan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi Alan
    Is it the same animation each time the preview shows that site? If so can you post the .xar?

It sounds really strange. I'd suggest you search your hard drive for jmoran etc. and see if that url is in a temporary folder somewhere.

Regards, Ross

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

and Alan what part of Nova Scotia are you originally from?

Regards, Ross

Hi Ross;

Thanks for the reply. The document (it's a web page, not animated) does not reside on my computer other than in my browser cache. It's not from a site I frequent, or, for that matter, have ever been to. I am the only user of this computer. Very mysterious.

Alan
    Previously from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Default Re: Bizzarre Documents with Animation Preview

I have a threefold reason for posting:
    to -
    1. make sure this lovely new forum recognizes me
    2. restate my query about strange browser animation previews (after hard drive format browser animation preview now takes me to http://www.shakespearefellowship.org...wentempest.htm)
    3. find out if Ross Macintosh decided not to reply after discovering what part of the mainland I was from.

Alan1753
    binaryarts.ca

Default Re: Bizzarre Documents with Animation Preview

Hi Alan

1) You're coming through loud and clear.

2) Animations and URLs in Xara are outside my experience. (I use other tools for both functions.) Sorry, I can't help.

3) I'm guessing that Ross missed your reply. 'Course I could be wrong. Perhaps he harbors some previously unvoiced prejudice against the mainland. And perhaps he'll see your post now that it's been pushed back to the top.
    Last edited by amoore; 22 August 2005 at 09:57 PM.

Smile Re: Bizzarre Documents with Animation Preview

Quote Originally Posted by amoore
    Hi Alan

. . . Perhaps he harbors some previously unvoiced prejudice against the mainland. And perhaps he'll see your post now that it's been pushed back to the top.
    That was my first guess. Jealous probably.

Alan1753
    binaryarts.ca