Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dale,
    I'm using WSFTP Pro v.7, The option in this version is in the tools menu (in the interface that has you connected to a site).

--> Tools --> Options --> Advanced Tab --> Common Folder --> First Check Box ("allow deletion of non-empty folders")

----

I can't remember where it is in the version you have, but I'm pretty sure it's there in options somewhere. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dale, do you still have that cool screen caliper app?

I forgot to mention Calipers.

If you go to http://www.zdnet.com/downloads, and enter the word "calipers" in the search box, you'll get a page with a cool free little app that is a measuring tool, called Screen Caliper.

I don't use it like I once did, but it is sooooooooo handy in some circumstances. It can cause a funky effect as you drag it across PS images, but that disappears when you stop moving it.

It is only 136k. Very simple, expertly designed, and I always have it's shortcut on my QuickLaunch Bar.

dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

For FTP, I rely on the built in Dreamweaver option, or I use Flash FXP for more complicated functions.

Michael Ward
    http://www.exosoftwebdesign.co.uk (soon)
    http://www.leythers.co.uk
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk

NoteTab Pro, HTML Tidy, Xara and Smart FTP! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

I write my pages the "manual way" with Weaverslave (www.weaverslave.de).
    It's good, fast and free !!
    There are also multilingual versions, it supports plugins (some very useful, also free, on the homepage).

If you know HTML and want the sleekest code possible, this is the way to go ...

Wolfgang

I don't believe that option is available in the LE version 5.08. There is no Tool menu, only Options, and under Advanced there is no Common Folder.

Sigh........

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Hello there;

A couple of you said you use photoimpact for html output.How would you describe or "rate" the code generated by PI.

Toad

Hi Toad... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Does PI generate good code? Yes and no...how's that for an answer?

It all depends on how you are using the app...

Basically you use PI for graphic creation, page layout, image optimizing, and slicing...and while you are already at this point ya may as well export as html since it will do this... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Then you pop this into your fav editor and get down to the nitty gritty, re text, scripts, tweaking etc... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Learning to design with end slicing and optimizing in mind is where it is at when using PI for layouts... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

and...thus considering that the only html code being generated is for the page and slices made, how sloppy can it get? (html/head/body/table/td/image source...)

It's what you do from there, in your fav editor, that's going to determine how things turn out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on June 04, 2002 at 21:36.]

CuteFTP Pro is very good as well, from

www.cuteftp.com

Jon
    Jon